In a day of parallels that number into the teens sometimes upwards of 20+ strong, I am reminded of the times of simple Topps and Topps Gold from 1992. This was one of the first parallels to start the heated blast that is today’s parallel crazed market. Sometimes these rainbows are impossible to complete but at the end of the day, it’s all fun and games!
The story goes like this. A really rad friend of mine gifted me a half a case of 2010 Bowman jumbo boxes. As I opened pack after pack, I kept pulling different versions of Dustin Ackley cards. It could have been anyone but since I kept pulling this guy’s stuff, I figured I would attempt a rainbow. It’s too bad I had to pull a relatively decent prospect because it’s going to be expensive to finish. No hard feelings Dustin, I think you’re pretty rad, my wallet on the other hand…
So here I am, 10 cards in. I’m missing a few high end parallels of course, some I’ll likely never own such as the white whale Superfractors or the Press Plates but that’s okay, I’ll have fun piecing the others together.
- 2010 Bowman Prospects BP89
- 2010 Bowman Prospects BP89 Blue/520
- 2010 Bowman Prospects BP89 Orange/250
- 2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects BCP89
- 2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects BCP89 Refractor/777
- 2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects BCP89 Purple Refractor/999
- 2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects BCP89 Blue Refractor/250
- 2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects BCP89 AU
- 2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects BCP89 AU Refractor/500
- 2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects BCP89 AU Blue Refractor/150
Question of the day:
What is one of your most memorable parallel hits, who was it and from what product?
Edited 10/15/2016 – This project has been retired.
To see what’s currently on eBay from 2010 Bowman Chrome, click here.