Because our entire operation is packed up, I typed this entry from my iPhone. The iPhone keyboard doesn’t allow me to easily type the registered trademark logo and I didn’t want to install unnecessary software just to do that. That said, all instances of the brand, or our brand are used to refer to our name.
As you might already know, I created the brand in July of 2010 in Huntington Beach, CA. In 2015, I moved it to Albuquerque, NM in an effort to be near my mom while at the same time enjoy a cost friendly opportunity to launch the eCommerce arm of the brand (CA isn’t small-business friendly). Our time in NM was always meant to be temporary and it has finally come to an end.
2020 marks the 10th year of our operation and we’ve decided to take it to Texas, which is something we’ve been considering since summer 2017. Texas is just a better fit for us; here’s why:
- Beckett, Panini, and Leaf are all located in Texas.
- The Dallas Card Show
- Our friend, Rich Klein, organizes shows in the Dallas and surrounding areas.
- The weather is nice and the cost of living is reasonable.
- Texas Rangers, Dallas Cowboys, and Dallas Mavericks, among many others.
- Excellent entertainment options.
- It’s not CA or NM.
We’ll be settled into our new Texas office at some point in the fall. Between now and then, things here on the blog will be quiet and all store orders will remain in pending delivery status. Thanks for your patience; things will be back to normal very soon.