Like a lot baseball cards of the strip variety, the 1919-21 W514 cards also have blank backs. Having a closer look at these cards reveals their simplicity and frailty. These cards are not of typical thickness of standard cards. In fact, these cards are so thin that they are something of a challenge to put into semi-rigid holders. My advice here would be to use toploaders when storing these cards. The colors here are bright and vibrant for their age. The pop of the yellow and red have withstood the test of time quite beautifully. This is a quality set with a list of mega-legends that includes Cobb, Ruth and “Shoeless”. I would anticipate high scarcity at shows and shops but keep your eyes out online if you’re in the market for examples from this exquisite set.
- Willie McCovey 2005 Artifacts Relic Auto Relisted for Over 250% Original Sale from Just 4 Days Prior
- 1954 Braves Johnston Cookies Baseball Cards
- 2009 Topps Triple Threads Baseball Cards
- 1962 Topps Baseball Cards
- Need a Logo Made for your Brand? Let’s Talk!
- 1971 Topps Baseball Cards
- 1971 Milk Duds Baseball Cards
- 1960 Topps Baseball Cards