In this episode, I sit down for round 2 with Tim Getsch: Founder & CEO, COMC.com. In this interview, we go into further detail about COMC, and how things are going with the company. Tim has a lot to share.
Tim Getsch: Founder & CEO, COMC.com
Please note: I had some difficulty capturing our audio correctly. While it’s not perfect, the published file was cleaned up quite a bit from raw form. You may need to turn up the volume to hear us clearly.
- It’s been a year since our last interview, how have you been, Tim?
- Have there been any new developments at COMC you’d like to share with our audience?
- When we spoke last year, COMC was still in the process of mobile compatibility migration. Can you share how that arm of the project is going?
- A while back, the COMC URL went from checkoutmycards.com to COMC.com. Was the new domain name taken and if so can you talk about what went into securing it?
- Does COMC track sales analytics and if so, does the firm pursue specific consignment needs based on market trends?
- What challenges has COMC faced over the past year and how have those challenges been countered?
- With regard to the competitor landscape, have you ever considered partnering with other consignment companies for some specific initiative where both parties might experience net gains?
- If you were to pinpoint the biggest pain point for COMC, what would it be and why?
- Is there any possibility COMC will ever consign items outside of the collectibles category?
- Can you share any information on your pricing strategy for items sold outside of COMC’s website?
- Is employee success measured at COMC and if so, how?
- Are achievements celebrated at COMC and if so, how?
- How are you Goran Dragic and Jamal Crawford collections coming along, and can you talk about any significant pickups you’ve added this past year?
- Do you have any final thoughts you’d like to share with our viewers?
To view the current eBay auctions from COMC, click here.